Whole House Fan - An Add-On to Your House Cooling Strategy
Along with many other parts of the country, California can become very hot in summer. Even with the air conditioning on full blast, it can still be hot and sticky indoors. Another problem is that continually recirculating the same air can make the interiors of the house stale with pollutants and pathogens. There is a simple and very effective solution to this problem and it will also help you save on your utility bills. It is a whole house fan.
You may know that a whole house fan is mounted in the attic and that it cools your home. However, there are a few things about them that many people do not know. Read on to know why a whole house fan is essential.
1. When the outdoor air has cooled off, turning on your whole house fan and opening a few windows will push out the old, stale and warm air from the interior and draw in fresh cool air from outside. The effect is almost immediate and if you still need additional cooling and do use the air conditioner, the load on your air conditioning and the power it consumes will be greatly reduced.
2. Reducing the running time of the air conditioner not only cuts your utility bills, it also reduces the wear on the system and the need for maintenance and parts replacement. This is a significant saving that is achieved without compromising on the comfort of the home.
3. During the hot periods of the day, the structure of the house absorbs a lot of heat. This heat continues to radiate out even when the ambient temperature drops, increasing the load on the air conditioning system. With a whole house fan, the movement of the air through the home draws out this latent heat, making the structure cooler and reducing the indoor heat.
4. When the whole house fan pushes out the old stale air and draws in fresh air from outside, it is also removing the pollutants and pathogens that have accumulated while the air conditioning was recirculating the same interior air. The home becomes a healthier place for all those who live in it.
5. If the whole house fan is from a leading manufacturer, you can be sure that it will be silent and there will be no irritating background noise to disturb the family and visitors.
To be sure of getting the maximum benefits and savings from a whole house fan, you need to be sure that you are installing the best in terms of efficiency, durability, low noise and minimum running cost. One name that stands above the rest in this regard is Solatube, the world leader in daylighting and whole house fan technology. All it takes to get started is to contact a dealer, and ask for a free consultation to give you all the information you need and you can then go ahead with the Solatube installation.
Become a Member to post Articles
Back to Profile