What is Paintless Dent Repair? How Does Paintless Dent Repair Work?
What is Paintless Dent Repair?
How does Paintless Dent Repair Work?Paintless dent repair (PDR) is a conventional vehicle repair procedure where the dent is repaired without damaging and repainting the manufacturer’s paintwork. PDR is usually done by expert technicians, and the procedure is carried out step by step.
1. Evaluate the damageFirst, the technician assesses the damage to the vehicle by finding the location of the dent and also its size. Only the smaller dents which are about 80-90% of all the dents, where the paint is not cracked, can be treated by paintless dent removal.
Thus the extent of the damage is assessed, and then it is determined whether it can be repaired with PDR. Once it is found that paintless dent repair is an effective method, the area around the dent is prepared for the procedure.
2. Find the entry pointsTo effectively repair the dent, it is important to find the critical points on the body of the vehicle from where the work can be done. Thus to create the pathway to the backside of the dent, the technicians usually remove the body panels, tail lights, and such.
3. Better assessment of the dentOnce the pathway is gained, the experts take a better look of the dent using a special light board (fluorescent or LED). This will help the technician visualise the dent and thus the places to precisely place the tools during the repair process.
4. Massage out the dentAfter the location and the pathway are found, special tools like metal rods and body picks are used to gently massage the exterior portion of the vehicle to the original shape. Paintless dent removal is a relatively quick process, but if the dent is deep, the process might need multiple stages.
Advantages of Paintless Dent RepairPDR can be used to repair various types of dents, body creases, and dings on a vehicle’s body. The benefits involved are many, and we list here some for you.
• PDR is fast and does not need painting. Thus it is cost-effective when compared to other repair methods.
• Because of the lower price, you don’t have to go through the hassle of claiming insurance for these small repairs.
•The small dents are hard to repair, but paintless car removal can work for even the minute and smallest dents. The larger dents can also be repaired unless the paint is damaged.
• Usually, when a car is repainted, choosing a similar color is hard. With PDR, you don’t have to do this since there is no repainting, and thus there is no discoloration.
• Since there is no discoloration and any real damage, the resale value of your car can be maintained.
A superior collision shopPaintless dent removal is an excellent solution for restoring the original condition of your car. We at A superior collision shop have experts who can do it for you quickly and efficiently. Next time you notice a dent in your car, do not panic. Just call us at 4083790505, or schedule an appointment.
- Jul 27, 2021